The pint-sized Shazahn Padamsee spoke to me a while ago about all that rocks her world of fashion. We indulged in some unadulterated girl talk, discussing everything from her beauty routine (the girl has flawless skin) and wardrobe essentials.
The Rocket Singh and Housefull 2 describes her personal star as edgy and young and usually shops abroad as she gets her sizes there. No wonder then that her favourite high street brands are Zara, H&M and Topshop. But she likes high fashion too and has recently invested in a pair of nude peep toes from Michale Kors. Her fashion advise? “Wear what suits you, don’t wear trends blindly and don’t put on too much make up.” Below are some more vignettes from that chat.
Disclaimer: The products shown have not been endorsed by Shazahn Padamsee
Wardrobe Essentials For Every Woman
Ready to get back to basics? While trends come and go, there are 12 wardrobe essentials that’ll last a lifetime. It’s all about the basics, the kind that will help you bring your outfits together from start to finish without having to spend a single second worrying about what to wear.
1. A chambray shirt you can throw on with a skirt, black jeans, or even just blue jeans (hello, Canadian Tuxedo!) to have a sophisticated outfit with minimal effort.
2. A pair of Dr. Martens that are worth the splurge, because these babies will be your go-to for years.
3. A pair of gold hoop earrings — even Gretchen Wieners would approve if you wear these every single day.
4. High-waisted black jeans so versatile and comfortable you may end up saying, “Leggings? I don’t know them.”
5. A silky scarf you’ll want to have on hand all year round. Scarves are for more than just winter!! You’ll be so thankful you have one with you on that summer night when it starts to get just a tad bit chilly.
6. Adidas sneakers you might as well buy two pairs of so you have a backup when the first pair inevitably gets too run-down and dirty from how much you’ll trek around in them.
7. A vegan leather jacket that I swear will instantly make you feel about 100 times cooler and more put-together the second you put it on.
8. A sheath dress so easy to throw on, you’ll feel put together in a matter of seconds. People will think you tried really hard, when in fact, you just put a dress over your head.
9. Bike shorts you can wear to work out — or just in your everyday life because they’re super comfortable and match with everything.
10. A flannel button-down you’ll wear for more than just your annual trip to the pumpkin patch each fall.
11. A pair of Oxford flats with a vintage look you’ll feel downright proper wearing.
12. A pair of William Rast skinny jeans called “The Perfect Skinny Jean” for a reason. And that reason is because they’re stretchy and comfortable and look oh-so cute.
13. A pair of Lululemon leggings worth the splurge because you’ll find yourself reaching for these babies over and over and over again. (And for more than just yoga!)
14. A patterned duster to make your regular look of jeans and a T-shirt anything but ordinary. Plus, you can use it as a cover-up over a swimsuit! We love multi-functional clothes!
15. Converse All Stars I’m pretty sure Taylor Swift was talking to when she sang, “we never go out of style.” T. Swift and Chuck Taylors will be around forever.
16. A cardigan you should have with you at all times because the weather can change at a moment’s notice, so you should always be prepared with an extra layer.
17. Nine pairs of pretty pearl studs because they’ll add some class to your outfit, no matter where you wear them.
18. A pair of Birkenstocks that prove that being comfortable and cute *is* possible.
19. Aviator sunglasses you can wear pretty much every day (even if the sun is behind the clouds).
20. An denim jacket perfect to throw on when it’s a bit cooler outside but you don’t want to end up overheating after only a minute or two.
21. Chelsea boots designed so you can walk 500 miles (and 500 more) in them.
22. A pack of slim-cut crewneck tees because basic is not a bad word, especially when it comes to practical shirts you can wear all the time.
23. Vans Old Skool sneakers you’ll ~flip~ over. And if you don’t know what I’m talking about, try throwing these babies and seeing how they land: face up, like the true rockstars they are.
24. A longline blazer designed to make any outfit feel super professional — yes, even just jeans and a T-shirt.
25. A pair of rubber flats perfect for rainy days when you don’t feel like wearing rain boots. These will keep you dry. Plus, nobody will probably guess that they’re Crocs!
26. A pair of mom jeans that’ll make you wonder why they ever went out of style. They’re comfortable, make your butt look great, and go with everything. What’s not to love?
27. A band tee to show the world what you’re currently streaming on Spotify.
28. And a pair of Steve Madden combat boots – no matter how many times you wear them, you’ll probably still get stopped on the street by people asking you where you got them.
Jan 16, 2013 – myntassets.com / buzzfeed.com/abbykass